Saturday 10 August 2019

July, July

Heatwave after heatwave for most of this month. I was luckily enough to be in England for the worst of it, having my dental work done. Temperatures well up in the 30s are not something I appreciate! On my return, got straight into the jam-making season, with raspberry, strawberry and rhubarb put up, as well as rhubarb chutney and peach chutney. The France Passion season is also going well, with the addition of home-made handcream and lip balm proving popular.


I also ventured into the field of sausage-making (see A Brit Cooks in Brittany for more details) and was very pleased with the result. However, it is definitely a two-woman job!
Excellent


Seen here with some of our delicious courgettes!

It was time, too, to replenish my stock of handcream, so out came the double saucepans, thermometers and measuring cylinders, together with appropriate memories of chemistry lessons at school! I love the way thin liquids transform like magic into lovely, thick and creamy handcream at a fraction of what you pay for good stuff in the shops. Not a good photo, I’ll try again tomorrow!










2 comments:

  1. Oh my mouth is watering now Diane! This homemade fayre looks divie. I hope you sell much and enjoy eating the glut! Well done

    ReplyDelete